WBD is just a few sleeps away, and that means one thing – costumes. But don’t worry, you can still pull this off. Our Hour Hands team of busy mums have put together some easy ideas for World Book Day costumes, with no sewing skills required! [Read more…] about Easy World Book Day costumes
- If you can, always cook them ahead. There’s nothing worse than frantically cooking each one at a time, surrounded by hungry kids arguing who’s having the next one. Many people don’t realise you can even make them the night before and just heat them up!
- If you can get away with it, go for American-style pancakes – they’re so much quicker to make!
- If you haven’t got time to make them, just buy them. Most supermarkets stock excellent quality scotch pancakes and crepes, and with some tasty toppings, they’ll be just as delicious.
- Frankfurters and ketchup
- Ham and cheese
- Fruit and sugar
- Nutella, with or without banana
- Lemon and sugar – the classic
My favourite recipes
Humble mayonnaise does more than give your salad leaves a lift – it’s also great for a number of household chores!
1. Shine stainless steel
To remove marks and smudges from stainless steel, place a small dab of mayo on a cloth and use it to buff your stainless steel appliances until the marks are gone and the shine is restored.
2. Remove sticker residue
Removing sticky labels can be challenging. Remove as much of the sticker as you can, then cover the remaining sticker and residue with a thick layer of mayo. Let it sit for a few minutes so the fat in the mayo can start to dissolve the adhesive. When the adhesive has dissolved enough, just rub the rest off with your fingers or a sponge!
3. Nail treatment
Try soaking your nails in a shallow dish of mayo. The mayo will soften and moisturise your cuticles, and your nails will get a boost of protein for added strength.
4. Removes crayon from walls
Removing crayon marks can be made much easier with mayo! Use your finger to apply a layer of mayo to the crayon marks, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then just wipe the crayon marks and mayo away with a clean cloth.
5. Remove water stains
You can remove water rings and stains from wooden furniture using mayo! Cover the mark with a thick layer of mayo, and let it sit there overnight. The next day wipe it clean with a cloth, and be amazed at how the water rings just disappear!