You may remember that we’ve already talked about Christmas cards, and if you’ve yet to write them then now’s the time to start! We’ve pulled together the Royal Mail posting dates along with the last delivery dates for online shopping. If you’re short of time, then we can also take your address book and create a sheet of mailing labels for you, to make posting your cards that bit easier. Still too daunting? We can even write them for you! Contact us to find out how Hour Hands can make your family Christmas a bit easier this year.
Mailing label service
If you’ve a number of cards to send then writing all those addresses can be very time consuming. But we’ve found a way to make it easier for you. Send us your addresses in electronic format and we’ll turn them into a mail merge file that creates handy sheets of mailing labels, allowing you to just stick and post. This service starts at just £35, for less than 100 addresses, and we can post the labels back to you or arrange delivery. Or if your addresses are only in a handwritten format, then we can take your address book (or even just a photo of the relevant pages) and return it to you with the labels and an electronic file from just £60. Just make sure you allow enough time for you to hit the last posting dates! Contact us to book in as soon as you can.
The last dates for posting parcels and letters are earlier than usual this year, because Christmas Day falls on a Monday. Don’t be caught short – here are the dates you need to know:
- Second Class: Wednesday 20 December
- First Class: Thursday 21 December
- Special Delivery Guaranteed: Thursday 21 December
- Special Delivery Guaranteed Saturday: Friday 22 December
Many of us will be buying gifts online this year, so it pays to know the last ordering dates for delivery in time for Christmas. These can start as early as 17 December (next weekend!) and run as late as 23 December, so plan your shopping accordingly. But bear in mind that delivery can be disrupted by all sorts of things, including the weather, so allow a bit of extra time if you can. Here are some of the key dates for our favourite online retailers:
- eBay – Standard delivery: Sunday 17 December; express delivery: Friday 22 December
- Debenhams – Standard delivery: Monday 18 December; next-day delivery: Friday 22 December
- Marks & Spencer – Standard delivery: Monday 18 December; nominated day delivery: Friday 22 December
- John Lewis – Standard delivery: Tuesday 19 December; next-day delivery/click & collect: Friday 22 December
- Amazon – Free delivery: Wednesday 20 December; standard delivery: Thursday 21 December; one-day delivery: Saturday 23 December