Practical and emotional help in downsizing to a smaller home | Prices from £25 per hour | Call 01438 504697 or email us
If you or your loved ones are downsizing to a smaller property or residential home, Hour Hands can help. We’ll assist with sorting and storing belongings, and make your new place feel like home, with familiar pieces of furniture, photographs and accessories.
Hour Hands will work with you at your pace, to ensure that you’re always comfortable and in control of any of the changes taking place. We are always sympathetic and understand the process can be physically and emotionally difficult, especially if immediate family do not live nearby.
How we can help
Downsizing to a smaller home generally requires selecting the furniture and possessions that mean the most to you, and making alternative arrangements for the rest. We’ll work with you to sort and organise all items in your home, helping you to retain what’s most important and dealing sensitively with the rest.
Here are some of the ways that we can help :
- Work with you to formulate a moving plan that considers your personal situation, objectives and time frames
- Help you plan how best to fit your existing furniture and belongings into your new home, to make the most of your available space
- Evaluate your contents and work with you on what to keep, sell, donate and discard
- Contact antique dealers, auctioneers and online sites to gauge interest in selling selected possessions
- Organise any items donated to charity to be picked up or dropped off
- Arrange for the disposal of unwanted items
- Contact removal companies for an estimate to pack and move your contents
- Oversee the professional packers and mover on moving day
- Unpack your boxes and recreate the feeling of home in your new residence
- Contact utilities to disconnect/reconnect services
You may also be interested in our other home improvement services:
Our standard rate is £25 per hour. Please contact us for a more detailed quote to suit your needs.