Hour Hands Downsizing Services can help with both the practical and emotional challenges relocating to a smaller home can present.
We work with clients who are downsizing from their existing home to either smaller property or a residential home. We provide help and advice on sorting and storing belongings as well as hands on help creating a place that feels like home in the new location, with familiar pieces of furniture, photographs and key accessories.
A practical issue with downsizing is often you are unable to house all of your furniture and possessions. We work with you to sort and organise these, helping you to retain what is most important and ensuring that you are left with memories of those items you can no longer keep.
Hour Hands will work with you at your pace, to ensure that you are comfortable and in control of any of the changes taking place. We are always sympathetic and understand the process and be physically and emotionally difficult especially if immediate family are not living locally or busy with their young family.
Whatever your reason for downsizing we can offer the following :
- Work with you to formulate a moving plan that considers your personal situation, objectives and time frames.
- Help you plan how to best fit your existing furniture and belongings in to your new home and how to make the most of your available space.
- Evaluate your contents and work with you on what to keep, sell, donate and discard.
- Contact antique dealers, auctioneers, online sites to gauge interest in selling selected possessions
- Organise any items donated to charity to be picked up/dropped off
- Arrange for the disposal of unwanted items
- Contact removal companies for an estimate to pack and move your contents
- Oversee the professional packers and mover on moving day
- Unpack your boxes and recreate the feeling of home in your new residence
- Contact utilities to disconnect/reconnect services
We can also help with:
Downsizing Services are charged at £25/hour. Please contact us to discuss your needs.