- If you can, always cook them ahead. There’s nothing worse than frantically cooking each one at a time, surrounded by hungry kids arguing who’s having the next one. Many people don’t realise you can even make them the night before and just heat them up!
- If you can get away with it, go for American-style pancakes – they’re so much quicker to make!
- If you haven’t got time to make them, just buy them. Most supermarkets stock excellent quality scotch pancakes and crepes, and with some tasty toppings, they’ll be just as delicious.
- Frankfurters and ketchup
- Ham and cheese
- Fruit and sugar
- Nutella, with or without banana
- Lemon and sugar – the classic