As we head towards the big day, it’s the final stretch of our Christmas Countdown and we hope that we’ve helped you prepare your home for the holidays with less stress this year. In this post, we’ve suggested some last-minute tips to make sure nothing gets forgotten and, if you missed any of our earlier posts in this series, we’ve provided a quick recap below.
And don’t forget, if organising Christmas was more stressful than you’d hoped, then Hour Hands can help you get on top of it for next year. Our Christmas Preparation service can take care of your decorations, presents, cards and wrapping, plus we can even wait in for your Christmas food delivery. Please get in touch and we can make a note to contact you in good time next year.
A quick recap
So far in this series, we’ve covered:
- Create a Christmas planner
- DIY and house maintenance
- Decluttering for Christmas
- Gift buying
- Christmas cards
- Advent calendars
- Shopping for Christmas dinner
- Posting and delivery
Just before you crack open the sherry, take a few moments to check these last-minute points:
- Make sure your home looks occupied if you’re away over the holidays by installing timers on lights, and ask a friend or neighbour to move any post that could pile up in sight of the door.
- Wrap an emergency gift just in case there’s someone you’ve forgotten – we’ve all done it! A scented candle or some luxury biscuits are always popular, and will avoid anyone feeling unloved.
- Keep a mince pie aside for Santa – and a carrot for Rudolph – before they all get eaten.
- Turn up the carols and put your feet up – you made it!
The Hour Hands team