The importance of your wellbeing at home and at work
A recent report found that almost half of UK workers are ‘running on empty’ and One in five UK workers report feeling unable to manage stress and pressure in the workplace
With these statistics in mind and conscious of the need to support one another, the wonderful and knowledgeable Katie Farrell joined the Hour Hands team to discuss Wellbeing and Mindfulness.
Benefits to investing in employee wellbeing
There are many business and human benefits to supporting your team.
- Lower rates and risk of work-related ill mental health
- Increase employee engagement and satisfaction
- Reduce costs associated with absenteeism and presenteeism whilst increasing productivity
- Establish a positive, open mental health culture within your workplace
The form of support you offer to your team – and to yourself – can vary widely from the very practical to the more intangible. We all need different things at different times, so having a range of support actions in place is actually really important.
These are just some of the ideas that resonated with us on the day and we are now actively looking to learn more and discovering further opportunities.
- Understand what causes you stress and focus on those areas. What can you do, if anything, to alleviate the pressure in those areas
- In an ideal world, what do you want to spend your time doing? What are the blockers to you making changes in these most stressful areas? Is there any way to balance what you WANT to do with what you HAVE to do?
- Prioritise your time both in work and in your home life. There are only 24-hours in a day so focus on what is important and what will deliver the most value. Creating a matrix can help you decide what are the most important tasks and which will deliver the greatest value.
During the workshop, we were put outside of our comfort zone by taking part in role plays. This highlighted to each of us how our mood can affect our behaviour and the effect this has on those around us. We also had a very enjoyable time practicing mindfulness techniques. The fact that we enjoyed this so much showed us that we need to practice these more often, and we have committed to remind each other to do so. #Teamwork
How you can benefit from the fantastic Hour Hands team!
When 55% of workers say that they feel that work is getting more intense and demanding, it really is a pertinent time to review workloads, introduce wellbeing and mindfulness techniques into your business and personal life, and determine if you can relieve the pressure on yourself and others by sharing some tasks with someone else – a partner, colleague or even outsourced to specialists.
With willing and able bookkeepers, PAs, and administration people ready to complete those tasks that you just don’t have the time or capacity to do yourselves, Hour Hands could be your answer. We’re also here to help you manage your personal life, or for guidance.
To find out more simply call us on 01727 818262. We will ask how we can support you and offer a solution either on an hourly rate or package cost. The choice is yours – we’re simply here to help.